Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
This position requires a self-motivated individual who possesses the ability to successfully complete traffic engineering assignments and problem solve complex traffic operational issues. Will handle the day to day traffic engineering duties on all on going projects such as traffic operations analysis, TIS tasks. Studies traffic engineering problems. Designs plans for safe control and flow of traffic.
Directs and prepares Traffic Study and calculation works; develops technical design solutions; researches and specifies systems and materials; prepares deliverables at every stage of project (i.e. drawings, calculations and other technical documents). Review code study with Department Head, coordination with other disciplines.
- Roads Operations & Maintenance Department .
- Reporting to the Senior Traffic Safety Engineer, Office of Traffic Safety,
- This position will primarily support an integrated response to traffic safety including speed management through education, enforcement, engineering, and evaluation.
Key functions include:
- Establish, implement, coordinate and assess traffic safety speed management programs,
- Develop, implement, coordinate, maintain and manage speed monitoring equipment and work closely with engineers, law enforcement, and stakeholders,
- Collect traffic safety speed related data for analytical, law enforcement, engineering and evaluation purposes,
- Inspect and assess permanent and temporary traffic controls for traffic safety, coordinate and integrate traffic safety programs,
- Prepare and develop traffic engineering related traffic safety databases, presentations, reports, and annual budgets,
- Liaise with service providers to ensure timely delivery of services and resolve problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering & Master’s Degree in either Traffic Engineering or Transportion Planning.
- Minimum 5-7 years experience desired in all areas of traffic engineering including basic roadway / intersection design, traffic engineering analysis, traffic signal studies and design and preparation of traffic impact study for land development projects.
- Must have thorough working knowledge with traffic analysis tools such as SYNCHRO, VISUM, VISSIM, HCS, CORSIM and other engineering software.
- Must have excellent communication skills - written and verbal.
- Broad experience in Traffic Safety, facilities operations and maintenance with demonstrated experience in infrastructure, plants facilities, installations etc.
- Minimum of 5 years of experienced in Traffic Studies
- Must be self-motivated and able to work without direction
- Job Location:
- Al Kuwait, Kuwait
- Company Industry:
- Construction/Civil Engineering
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 5
- Residence Location:
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma