Coffee Planet Head Office, Dubai with extensive travel required
Normal working hours – 8am-5pm
Reports to: Retail GM
Managing Director, Field Operations Manager and Franchise Director
Coffee Planet is a successful, vertically integrated coffee solutions business. Coffee Planet roasts its own beans in its own roastery in Dubai, thus ensuring the highest quality and the freshest, best tasting coffee in every cup and with the shortest supply chain for its business customers.
Most famous for serving fresh coffee in petrol station convenience stores across the UAE, it has now become a multiple solutions coffee business supplying coffee and coffee equipment to every sector of the coffee market and has begun expanding nationally and internationally into its own retail stores with funky designs across a range of formats.
Coffee Planet also has exclusive distribution rights over its coffee machines to ensure performance and consistency, backed up by a talented engineering and installation team and a 24 hour customer care approach.
Coffee Planet has a range of Foodservice customers and is also be consulted on design, layout, specs, procurement and innovative technology for any potential coffee or coffee shop environment. It is a “one-stop coffee solutions shop”. It has targeted the hotels and office coffee markets as well as other business segments such as banking and catering outlets and has huge opportunities for growth. It already boasts an impressive list of blue chip clients and wishes to build on this.
Coffee Planet has also established franchise partners overseas in Malaysia, Oman and Pakistan and expects to grow to 10 countries in the coming few years.
Job role overview:
Coffee Planet has numerous (franchised) retail outlets across the UAE, Oman, Malaysia, Pakistan and soon more in Qatar, Egypt and beyond. This role will require ‘ownership’ of the Coffee Planet brand culture as well as food & beverage standards – with a strong focus on coffee. With complete understanding of these and the ability to train effectively across multiple nationalities, you will be required to implement these standard cross all Retail outlets as well as Foodservice clients across the business in order to achieve uniformity and consistency of offer and product. This will mean extensive travel requirements throughout the Middle East & Asia and the ability to be able to make yourself understood by persons of different languages and culture.
Health & Safety:
All employees have a statutory duty of care for their own personal safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
Employees are required to co-operate with management to enable Coffee Planet to meet its own legal duties and to report any hazardous situations or defective equipment.
Roles and Responsibilities
Responsible for the delivery and implementation of Coffee Planet retail & foodservice brand standards throughout our retail & foodservice network across the Middle East and Asia. You will work alongside other members of the Management Team on developing the strategy for training in order to deliver consistency of brand culture, product and brand message to the customers no matter which store or location they may visit.
Coffee Planet has developed a range of manuals in order to assist with Franchise development and brand standards implementation but ownership and continual development of these documents is required in order to maintain the evolution of in-store offers and promotions.
You will also work with the Roastery team in order to develop new product offers and develop suitable training materials to support the training requirements for such new products.
• English as a first language.
• Excellent experience in both coffee, café operations and barista training.
• Experience in a training role is essential.
• Excellent communications skills to communicate brand & product standards across a variety of nationalities.
• Written skills are required in order to develop the training content further.
• Attention to the smallest details in order to audit stores and operations.
• Ability to impart knowledge of our brand and product to others using effective training techniques.
• Strong communication skills (both in person & in writing) when working with individuals from a variety of nationalities.
• Pays great attention to detail.
• Team Player – works for the benefit of the whole Coffee Planet family.
• Self-starter and self-motivator, driven by results and success – organisation, initiative and decision-making skills essential.
• Passionate about our business and coffee!
• Advanced inter-personal and relationship building skills.
• Starter-Finisher – will work to get the job done. Clock-watchers not welcome.
• Must have a history of experience in relevant roles.
• Has the ability to multitask and deliver consistently with accuracy in a fast paced environment.
• Must be able to function independently as well as one of the team
• Excellent problem solving skills & take initiative to be productive and efficient
This job is posted in the following Specialties:Coffee Training
- Job Location:
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Company Industry:
- Catering/Food Services/Restaurants
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- $3,000 - $4,000
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
- United Arab Emirates
- Australia; Canada; Great Britain (UK); Ireland; New Zealand; United Kingdom; United States
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma