Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
- Make sure Health, Safety, Environment and Quality policies of the Group are strictly followed within the company at all times & enforce ISO 9001, 14001& ISSRS standards and procedures.
- Define, direct, supervise, control and coordinate all activities within the Department
- Ensure efficient delivery process for fuels to stations in a cost effective way so as to guarantee full quality and customer satisfaction.
- Make sure investment budget is fully and properly used every year.
- Make sure the fixed expenses related to transportation do not exceed the budgeted amounts.
- Ensure preventive maintenance of assets is carried out properly.
- Recruit, train, appraise, motivate and manage transport department staffs.
- Handle relationships with transporters and make sure our contractors strictly abide with our HSEQ standards.
- Implement the Emergency Response Plan.
- Issue work control procedures and carry out regular audits.
- Carry out transportation risk assessment.
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
- Permanent link with our transportation contractors and authorities.
- Market quickly changing; privatization process on-going.
- A wide gap in education level between operatives and management staff.
- To effectively and efficiently manage the transportation department functions for the business to achieve its targets.
- Languages: fluent Arabic and English. French would be an advantage.
- 6-8 years experience in engineering (Supply chain management)
- Highly developed safety consciousness.
- Autonomy, self-motivation, loyalty, involvement, good inter-personal skills, good managerial skills.
- Job Location:
- Amman, Jordan
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 5 Max: 10
- Residence Location:
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma
About This Company
TOTAL Group profile:
TOTAL is an integrated, multinational energy company (Exploration & Production, Shipping & Trading, Refining & Marketing, Gas & Power, Chemicals), fourth-ranked international oil major and a leader in each of its businesses. Our head-quarters are located in Paris, France, with a global work force of 95,000 employees.
TOTAL is n° 1 refiner & marketer in Western Europe and n° 1 marketer in Africa. Our Company is operating nearly 17,000 service-stations around the world and sells 3.8 million barrels per day. Our turnover reached 154 Bn € in 2006, with an adjusted net income of 12.6 Bn €. Our capital expenditures represented 11.9 Bn € in 2006.
Our business principles are based on Human Resources, Ethics, Sustainable Development, Corporate Philanthropy, Security and Safety.
The main focus of our Downstream operations is the refining and marketing of all petroleum products: gasoline, gas-oil, heating fuel, industrial fuel oil, lubricants, aviation fuel, LPG (Liquefied Petroleum Gas), bitumen, etc., under our numerous brands like TOTAL or Elf.
Why choosing TOTAL Jordan?
TOTAL is establishing a new subsidiary in Jordan with the aim of becoming the leading petroleum product marketing company in the country. We are the subsidiary of a reputable multi-national company caring for its employees, offering attractive packages including various benefits (like family medical coverage for instance). We believe in career development (training, international exposure…) and in team building. We have a long term strategy in Jordan based on a very high standard of quality for the services we will provide to our esteemed customers on our service-stations.