Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Transportation Safety Lead
- To influence best practices and compliance with safety standards in our operations in the Western Desert. Continue optimization of the Road safety monitoring program and influence positive change towards Road safety requirements. Establish lifting & hoisting and road transportation programs for Bapetco in line with industry best practices and monitor for compliance. Support Bapetco HSE manager in competence development of HSE field staff and coach personnel on safe road transportation and logistics practices. To deliver optimal added value through knowledge transfer and development of sustainable systems and a competence development framework, contributing towards the operational units, whilst complying with Company and Governmental standards and regulations.
- To embed safety systems and policies for the long-term performance improvement at all levels of the organization in Bapetco field activities.
- To participate as an senior member of the organization, with appropriate skills, ensuring safety support to be carried out efficiently, effectively, and in close cooperation with the internal customers in order to support the common objectives of the organization
- To coach company and contractor supervisors in compliance with Company and governmental Safety regulations and to support customers in the development, maintenance, and improvement of the HSE management systems in accordance with relevant Bapetco standards.
- To initiate appropriate contacts and ensure good relations with internal and external stakeholders and others within our area of operations as well as non-governmental organizations and industry associations.
- To ensure an effective liaison with Bapetco staff and contractor supervisors towards both short term and long term requirements with respect to the initiatives and objectives associated with Road Safety and Logistics critical activities.
- To drive development, motivation, and coaching of staff, to promote flexibility, efficiency, and full cooperation across disciplines.
- To embed sharing and implementation of best practices available within the Company and industry.
- To implement safety systems and policies for the long-term performance improvement of the operations
- To ensure an effective liaison with Bapetco staff towards both short term and long term requirements with respect to the initiatives and objectives associated with Road safety, Lifting and Hoisting and other safety critical activities with regards to the transportation via road of people and materials.
- To assist with development, motivating, and coaching staff in order to ensure their well being, flexibility, efficiency, and full cooperation in their employment.
- A recognized diploma in logistics or safety management and minimum of 10 years related experience in a logistics and/or road safety for drilling, production or construction projects environment, preferably in the MENA region.
- Supervisory / leading teams experience.
- Strong knowledge or industry best practices for production and/or exploration and acceptable Safety standards. Strong focus, commitment and perseverance to deliver sustainable HSE performance improvements
- Ability to deliver through others.
- Ability to adjust experience and knowledge to the local situation.
- Ability to participate in incident investigations and lead investigations involving Road Safety and Logistics Safety Incidents.
- Ability to produce high quality results, while emphasizing and modeling effective leadership behaviors.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Business awareness and good understanding of operational fundamentals.
- Able to effectively interact at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to prioritize activities using global RAM matrix.
- Job Location:
- Cairo, Egypt
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 10
- Residence Location:
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma