PURPOSE OF THE JOB
There a number of control and monitoring activities that are designed to monitor the completeness and correctness of trade capture as well as risk calculation. This role plays an important part in implementing sound controls by reviewing critical reconciliation and control reports, identify issues with risk calculation and undertake steps to correct risk calculation as required. The process spans a number of control and reconciliation activities, some of which are automated while others are to be undertaken manually. The process also looks across all asset classes and multiple trade booking and risk calculation systems within HSBC.
Impact on the Business
• Daily excess reporting out of all MENA sites
• Credit Limit Maintenance in TREATS (Treasury Trading System)
• Raising credit applications in CARM for Banks for onward submission to Group Risk for approval.
• Review critical reconciliation reports and identify transactions or counterparties with missing transactions or incorrect risk calculations
• Perform reconciliations as required to ensure completeness of risk calculations
• Calculate credit risk for non-standard transactions based on globally approved risk methodologies or as agreed with Credit Risk Management (CRM) team on a case-by-case basis
Customers / Stakeholders
• Prepare and send out monthly mark-to-market information to corporate clients.
• Provide support to the Front Office in respect of approval of limit excesses, calculation of credit risk, and risk simulations.
• Regularly engage with the appropriate Relationship Managers, Product Managers and GroupRisk/Other Risk areas to provide advice and guidance on a geographic, sector or counterparty type basis.
Leadership & Teamwork
• Suggest processes to improve the control environment.
• Periodic reviews and reporting of control issues for further review and escalation
Operational Effectiveness & Control
• Periodic reviews and reporting of control issues for further review and escalation. Suggest processes to improve the control environment
• Adhere strictly to compliance and operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC and regulatory standards, policies and practices; report control weaknesses, compliance breaches and operational loss events.
The Dealing Room is a dynamic and continually changing environment. Consequently, the Support Functions, such as Risk, need to ensure that they are well equipped to deal with these changes, striking a balance between keeping barriers to growth to a minimum whilst ensuring that controls are not compromised. Given the potentially volatile and rapidly changing nature of the markets, the Treasury Credit is constantly ‘on call’, whether from the point of view of providing management information at such notice, validating risk figures, approving credit excesses, etc.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Knowledge of Credit Risk, Treasury products, operations, systems and related regulations.
• Good organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Strong analytical skills desirable, but not essential.
• Good eye for detail
• Ability to work with large volumes of data and in a complex systems environment
• Highly proficient with Excel, Word and Powerpoint
• Excellent English, written and spoken
• Ability to prioritize daily workload to ensure timely completion of duties.
• Perform according to prescribed procedures
- Job Location:
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
About This Company
HSBC Bank Middle East Ltd has been a principal member of the HSBC Group since 1959. The Bank's unique relationship with the Middle East dates back more than a century. Today HSBC Bank Middle East Ltd is the largest and most widely represented international Bank in the Middle East, with 30 branches and offices throughout the United Arab Emirates, Oman, Bahrain, Qatar, Jordan, Lebanon and the Palestinian Autonomous Area. This extensive regional coverage is strengthened by another member of the HSBC Group, HSBC Bank Egypt, and by its associate companies, The Saudi British Bank and the British Arab ommercial Bank. In addition to its Middle Eastern network, the Bank has a branch in London, UK, and a representative office in Tehran, Iran. The Bank offers personal financial services, corporate and institutional banking, global cash management, trade services, treasury and custody and clearing services. HSBC plays an important role in the communities which it serves by supporting a wide range of charitable and community projects, principally through the HSBC in the Community Middle East Foundation, a £1 million sponsorship initiative. Headquartered in London, HSBC Holdings plc is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world with some 9, 500 offices in 79 countries and territories in Europe, the Asia-Pacific region, the Americas, the Middle East and Africa. HSBC Group has assets of US$ 983 billion as at 30 June 2003.