Borrowing & Debt Management Short-term Investments, Financial Risks Management, and providing
Financial and management reports.
•Manage Petra’s bank accounts to service Petra’s operating and financing requirements.
•Evaluate bank services in terms of quality of services, technological sophistication, charge rates, reputation and financial standing of each bank. And negotiate with banks their credit facilities, charges and commissions.
•Recommend banks’ limits depending on the banks’ evaluations
•Maintain sufficient liquidity for current needs through obtaining short term borrowing from relationship banks.
•Obtain and manage long-term financing and ensure the effective control of funds once financing is obtained.
•Follow up on Petra’s cash flow needs and arranges finance/cash requirements for Petra’s operational and capital needs.
•Minimize interest paid on borrowed funds through dealing with the bank with the most favorable rates and monitor repayments.
•Manage all bank charges, monthly repayments, balloon payments and interest payments.
•Invest Petra’s excess cash in money markets as per the investment mandates set by Petra’s management with a focus on minimizing risk, maximizing return, and ensuring liquidity.
•Hold the most profitable and least risky mix of money market instruments for the purpose of serving liquidity and currency needs of Petra.
•Assist in the formation of the financial risk management policy.
•Identify potential liquidity risks and exposures, foreign currency exchange risks, interest rate risks and credit risks.
•Measure financial risks and prioritize each exposure according to set criteria.
•Develop alternative financial risks mitigation strategies.
•Develop infrastructure to monitor financial risks and report on compliance with the policies
Experience and Education:
• Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Masters Degree is a plus
• Professional Certification such as CTP, CFA is preferable
• Minimum of 7-9 years of related experience, of which at least 2 years of management-level experience in treasury management, working capital management or corporate finance
• Strong knowledge of IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) in addition to local reporting and tax regulations and reporting standards, knowledge in cash management and internal controls on cash and knowledge in preparing cash forecasts and cash flow analysis
• Knowledge in the industry
• ERP Systems Knowledge
• Demonstrated managerial and leadership skills
• Strong analytical and Interpersonal skills
• Strong judgment and decision-making skills
• Strong communication skills
• Strong Negotiation and people skill
• Strong mathematical and analytical skills
• Strong organizing, planning and prioritizing skills
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Excellent Excel and Word Processing skill
• Excellent English and Arabic oral and written communication skills
Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Masters Degree is a plus
- Job Location:
- Amman, Jordan
- Company Industry:
- Engineering; Manufacturing
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 7 Max: 10
- Residence Location:
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma
About This Company
Petra Engineering Industries Co. was founded in 1987 with a broad vision to produce a wide variety of HVAC equipment that meet a diversity of application requirements and to export to major worldwide markets. The execution of successful corporate and business strategies to this effect soon took Petra to great heights and enabled them to begin competing with long-established companies. By 1994, Petra expanded its line of HVAC equipment utilizing some of the industries most advanced machinery and raw materials to achieve the highest quality standards. Their equipment was quickly gaining recognition in over 20 countries worldwide. To handle the increasing demand for their products, the facilities were expanded and the technology of the products was continually improved. With advent of the new millennium, Petra was designing and manufacturing a large array of quality HVAC equipment to suit all commercial and industrial applications. Their strategic finesse and exceptional products enabled them to enter the US market. Being one of the most competitive and challenging markets, the US symbolized a major milestone of success for Petra. With dedicated drive, Petra continues to export to the US and over 50 countries worldwide. Today, Petra Engineering Industries Co. is a market leader as a designer and manufacturer of sophisticated, high quality commercial and industrial HVAC equipment. The company has grown significantly and today has a facility that is over 300,000 m2 with more than 1500 highly competent technical and managerial employees, and to cope with the increasing demands for Petra’s products Worldwide, Petra has embarked on an expansion program to build a 200,000 m2 production facility at Mafraq – Jordan and a 30,000 m2 facility in Saudi Arabia.