Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
• Department: Warehouses & Logistics
• Reports to: General Manager
• Location: Based in Jeddah, KSA, with periodic international travel
A leading distribution and retail company in the fabrics industry serving its customers with 20 retail stores spread around the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia as well as other showrooms in UAE, Kuwait, Lebanon, Yemen and Oman. With more than 550 employees, the company procures, manages and sells over 50,000 SKUs (fabrics for furniture upholstery, curtains and accessories) to a large portfolio of customers (galleries, interior decorators, individuals, large real estate projects, large furniture factories.
EMPLOYMENT OBJECTIVE :
The Head of Warehouses & Logistics is responsible for coordinating the company’s shipments, production, inventory management, logistics, and customers ordering in a manner that ensures they are able to provide exceptional class customer service. At the same time the Head of Warehouses & Logistics is responsible for always seeking to attain best value (combination of quality and speed store and delivery at best cost) so that the company can remain fast-growing and highly profitable.
The Head of Warehouses & Logistics will oversee the inventory & warehousing management, production (cutting fabrics and manufacturing catalogues) and logistics departments (dispatching), customer ordering, working closely with each Department Manager to ensure that their departments are adequately staffed, and put in place the right processes and systems to improve productivity and efficiency while maintaining a close control over costs.
The duties of this position consist of 4 main parts:
1. Supervising Inventory Management: in order to establish optimal parameters for the inventory management: increasing inventory turnover, reduce transportation lead times, ensure accurate forecasting, guarantee safety stock, optimizing Economic Order Quantity.
2. Overseeing Production Process: This duty involves overseeing the cutting and catalogue manufacturing factories in order to ensure production according to an accurate schedule, monitor the production process, estimate future capacity and supervise the production team to guarantee optimal planning, coordination, and control of the production process.
3. Supervising the logistics operations: throughout 2 of the main processes:
a. Buying process: Ensure optimal shipping and transportation costs by negotiating contracts with suppliers and shipping companies (optional)
b. Dispatching Process: optimization of transportation and delivery costs to regional warehouses, showrooms, or client
4. Supervising the services provided to sales: insuring quality services to his customer (The Sales Department) in taking orders and ensuring satisfactory fulfillment in all manners
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Masters degree in Supply Chain or Business is important
- 10+ years experience in supply chain or Warehouses & Logistics field
- Experience in a manufacturing and/or distribution (of durable goods) environment
- Experience in the fabrics industry is a significant plus
- International exposure or MNC experience is a plus.
- Experience in international and domestic shipping
- Demonstrated negotiating experience
- Position requires a person who is self-motivated and proactive.
- Highly motivated problem solver
- Organization skills and attention to detail
- Multicultural, patient, able to work with all types of suppliers, and with a multicultural workforce
- Proven Management and leadership skills
- Advanced computer skills required: Experience with WMS (warehouse management system) and ERP is important + Microsoft Office
- Based in Jeddah, KSA with Periodic domestic and international travel required
Masters degree in Supply Chain or Business is important
- Job Location:
- Jeddah , Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 10
- Residence Location:
- Master's degree