Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Warranty Manager | FAMCO | Dubai
About the Business:
FAMCO (Al-Futtaim Auto & Machinery Co.) is a market leading supplier of products & services to a diverse range of industries & commercial undertakings covering the transportation, construction, manufacturing, warehousing, oil & gas and marine sectors. FAMCO serves these industries with world-class brands like Volvo Trucks, Volvo Buses, Volvo Construction Equipment, Merlo, Ingersoll Rand, Linde, Dexion, Yanmar, Himoinsa, Stanley Proto, Fenner, Bruynzeel, Mobel Linea, Meco, Bott, Stertil, Hart & Nassau.
FAMCO has operations in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Al Ain & Ras Al Khaimah and throughout the GCC including Saudi Arabia. The company's development and success has been based on an in-depth understanding of customer needs and the dedication of its skilled staff.
FAMCO is committed to providing outstanding second-to-none service levels to customers and to maintaining quality, safety and environmental standards at the highest possible levels. FAMCO is an ISO 9001:
2008 & ISO 14001:
2004 certified company.
About the Job:
We are looking for an experienced Waranty Manager to join our team in Dubai.
JOB PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Communicate warranty guidelines to all relevant staff to ensure understanding and compliance with FAMCO and Principals' requirements, including correct identification of technically warrantable failures
- Ensure correct quality of information from Famco's Service Operations to Warranty Department.
- Review and monitor KPI's including claim quality, submission times, rejections, payments, campaign completions.
- In conjunction with Unit Sales Departments, ensure all products supplied by FAMCO are correctly registered in Principals' warranty systems.
- Facilitate and participate in any internal or external warranty inspection or audit to ensure a satisfactory outcome for FAMCO.
- Communicate, monitor and follow-up all recalls and campaigns identified by the Manufacturers.
- Obtain and disseminate actions and bulletins relating to warranty matters.
- Maintain warranty and product registration database
- Recommend training and competence development for warranty staff.
- Ensure adherence to warranty guidelines relating to material storage, return and scrapping.
- Ensure all necessary reports to Principals or Manufacturers are correctly submitted.
- Submit product quality issues to Principals identified following claim frequency analysis
- Identify and implement warranty procedures for any new franchises or territories.
- Negotiations with Principals relating to goodwill claims.
- Maintain excellent relationships with Principals and Manufacturers.
- Manage and ensure that all generating quality warranty claims are in line with the warranty policy of FAMCO and the principals. The claim must be processed against the warranty invoices, goods receipt notes, stock adjustment report etc.
- Ensure that claims are submitted in the shortest possible time from completion of repairs and amounts claimed to give best and positive result to recover the maximum cost.
- Monitor and follow up claim settlements from Principals to ensure best possible cashflow for the business.
- Manage and ensure that all machines are registered with principle against the sold units.
- Warranty registration or reporting to the supplier is very important as due to non-registering the warranty, suppliers have right to reject the claims without any reasons.
- Ensure any available extended warranty offers from Principals are actively followed up to gain maximum benefit for FAMCO and customers.
REGISTRATION THE WARRANTY SERVICES:
- Ensure that his staff are registering any obligatory warranty services after registered the units.
- Ensuring any PDI's and w
The selected candidate will have the following eduction, skills and experience;
QUALIFICATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Diploma or vocational certificate in Engineering - preferably Mechanical Engineering.
- Training on workshop systems
- At least 6 years experience in automotive industry
- Knowledgeable in technology.
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications
- Comprehension skills
- Analytical skills
- Application of new knowledge and concepts
- Planning and organizing
- Communication skills
- Job Location:
- Company Industry:
- Automotive; Technical/Maintenance
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
About This Company
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim is one of the most progressive regional business houses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Structured into six divisions; automotive, retail, electronics, engineering and technology, real estate, financial services and general services, Al-Futtaim operates through more than 60 companies and maintains a decentralised approach, giving individual businesses flexibility and versatility to maintain a competitive stance.
Employing in excess of 20,000 people across the UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Egypt, Syria, Pakistan, Singapore and Europe, this approach benefits employees, providing a clearly defined work culture where individuals are empowered with authority and responsibility for their work.
The success of Al-Futtaim is attributed to proactively managing change whilst upholding the values of integrity, service and social responsibility. The majority of businesses, built on a portfolio of world leading brands, dominate their sector.