Workshop Manager (Steel & Piping Fabrication)
• Responsible for providing support to the leadership and project teams of onshore fabrication.
• Responsible for leading and organizing the entire fabrication activities to ensure overall quality of the final products and supply within contractual delivery time.
• Review the scope of works, drawings and establish production objectives, standards and production schedules to ensure quality, timely delivery and cost effectiveness.
• To co-ordinate the fabrication activities and troubleshoot problems at Fabrication Workshop, and to ensure the work is executed to the clients Specifications.
• Must remain with the status of projects including fabrication process, schedule, resource needs and execution issues.
• Ensure consistent implementation and utilization of good onshore fabrication strategies, practices and process.
• Will focus on project schedules, project risk issues, direct and indirect cost estimates.
• Review the prevailing system, identify the shortfalls and establish/ maintain appropriate system for measuring necessary aspects of workshop management and improvement.
• Monitor, measure and report on workshop related issues/development plans / achievements within timescales.
• Develop Quality awareness among subordinates to comply with the QMS procedures and job specific Quality control plans/ documents.
• Organize Quality and safety training programs and maintain competence.
• At least 10 years in EPC projects.
• Candidate should have 10 years relevant experience in fabrication of piping, structural steel and storage tanks related to onshore fabrication projects.
• Experience in constructability reviews, cost estimates, project schedules, execution strategies and plans. Exposures to various fabrication technologies.
• Candidates with strong personality, leadership qualities, team spirit and an ability to deliver results under demanding circumstances.
• Candidate shall possesses good inter personal and communication skills.
• Candidate shall be familiar with current fabrication market trends, latest equipment and clients and competitor data.
• Excellent communication skills with ability to liaise at all levels
• Proactive, Goal-oriented, and accountable
• Capable of multi-tasking
• Team player and self motivated
• Strong analytical thinking
• Detail oriented
B.S. / B.E. degree in Mechanical Engineering/Auto Mobil Engineering
Black Cat Engineering & Construction W.L.L.
- Job Location:
- Company Industry:
- Construction; Oil/Gas
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 10
- Residence Location:
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma
About This Company
Black Cat Engineering and Construction (BCEC) ranked as the 19th largest EPC contractor amongst Oil & Gas companies in the Middle East is part of the QIPCO group and one of the leading ISO 9001:2000 & OHSAS 1800:1999 certified companies that are accredited by UKAS - United Kingdom for the Engineering, Procurement, Installation and commissioning (EPIC) and Maintenance contractors for the Oil & Gas Industry in the State of Qatar. We focus on multidiscipline civil, structural, mechanical, piping, pipelines, tankage, electrical, cathodic, protection and instrumentation projects. Since 1981, Black Cat Engineering and Construction has substantially increased its scope of operations to reach a current manpower of 2500 employees and anticipated turnover of over 350 Million QR with a healthy backlog of over QAR 600 million excluding our QAR 1.7 billion joint venture project for the Ras Laffan Emergency and Safety Training College. Some of our recent projects for major local Oil & Gas clients include - pipelines and compressor stations, storage facilities, control room upgrades and brown field modifications to existing process plants. Our top priority is safety and we have managed to maintain a spotless safety record and have accumulated numerous safety awards. At BCEC, we combine a high degree of professionalism, diversified industrial knowledge and the acute sensitivity to our client’s timely and stringent specifications.