• Preparing financial payments to suppliers.
• Maintaining and reconciling supplier ledger (B)
• Responsible for cash box (A)
• Responsible for Bank Transfers (B)
• Ensuring that valid bills (legal invoices) are received for all payments and that all payments are supported with needed documents.
• Ensuring that the procedures for bills are processed according to NRC procedures & accounting & financial manual.
• Checks and insures that all necessary signatures exist on all payment vouchers and all attachments to them.
Filing & documentation :
• Responsible for keeping important documents in the safe box.
• Filing documents, bills, invoices, etc.
• Diploma in accounting or relevant business field. BsC a plus.
• Minimum 2 years previous work experience with a satisfactory performance in accounting or related field
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word
• Experience from cash handling & reconciliation
Knowledge, Skills & Personal Attributes
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational and team working skills
• Attention to detail
• Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
• Highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential
• Native Arabic skills and proficiency in English language
• Knowledge of the NGO operations and the dynamics of the humanitarian sector is a plus
- Job Location:
- Irbid, Jordan
- Company Industry:
- Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- $500 - $1,000
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Entry Level
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 2
- Residence Location:
About This Company
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent, humanitarian organisation which provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide. The NRC programme in Jordan began shortly after the creation of Zaatari Refugee Camp in August, 2012. NRC is now a key partner of UNICEF and UNHCR in Jordan with 150 staff, working to meet the needs of Syrian refugees and Jordanian communities in which they live. NRC-Jordan is part of a regional response to the Syrian refugee crisis that includes programmes in Lebanon and Iraq, as well. In Jordan, NRC provides relief items and shelters to Syrian refugee families, along formal and informal education for children and youth alike. NRC cooperates closely with Jordanian Government Ministries and UN partner agencies to share its experience and technical knowledge acquired from mass displacement in other contexts to better protect vulnerable refugees. NRC is expanding its operations in response to the growing needs of Syrian refugees fleeing violence conflict. NRC will continue advertising for positions for our programme on bayt.com