• Monitoring. With Client oversight and guidance, monitors Client-selected audio, audio-visual and print media and Internet sources in specified language. Identifies and characterizes prominent news and information addressing key interests related to coverage area.
• Selection. Proposes topics for informational products based on understanding of key interests. Selects text, audio, video and Internet information items of value in specified language for summarizing or full translation, and processing.
• Translation. Translates text, audio, and video information. Conducts consecutive, accurate written translations, and summarizations of material (textual, video, and audio) into idiomatic English, to include the ability to maintain the integrity and meaning of materials. Adheres to standards for transliteration.
• Linguists certified by Client as Linguists shall also review the accuracy of translated items submitted by Journeyman Linguists and Basic Linguists on their translated items and shall provide a copy of all feedback to the On-Site Manager.
• Targeted languages are English and Arabic; along with Dari or Farsi or Urdu or Pashto
•Proficient with MS Office Suite.
•Ability to discern and select press, audio, video, and/or Internet items of value for translation and processing.
•Ability to discern information of value and write an abstract in a understandable format in English.
•Ability to use analytic skills to process large amounts of information, to detect relevant factors.
Certification Levels: Linguists must be certified, based on performance/skills by Client through Client testing. Required levels are as follows:
oLinguist/Quality Control Linguist - Translations can be released by the linguist; translation accuracy and understanding of the targeted languages is good. Some editing of the English may still be required. Translations contain no major translation errors and no more than six minor errors per 500 words as delineated in the guidelines for major and minor translation errors.
oJourneyman Linguist - Translations have to be reviewed against the vernacular targeted languages; a moderate level of editing for English is needed. Translations contain no more than three major translation errors and no more than ten minor errors per 500 words as delineated in the
guidelines for major and minor translation errors. Client expects the Journeyman Linguist to be able to progress to the Linguist based on performance/skills and do not expect the Contractor to cap them at the Journeyman Linguist.
oBasic Linguist - Translations have to be reviewed against the vernacular targeted languages and the English translation needs heavy editing. Translations contain no more than five major translation errors and no more than 15 minor errors per 500 words as delineated in the guidelines for major and minor translation errors. Client expect theLinguist to be able to progress to the Journeyman Linguist based on performance/skills.
TArgeted languages are English and Arabic; along with Dari or Farsi or Urdu or Pashto
- Job Location:
- Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry:
- Education, Training, and Library
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location: