Senior Hospital Biomedical Engineer
- Conduct technical training to team members and Customers when required.
- Provide field operations support to customers in accordance to with the terms of the customer contract and Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Write accurate professional reports on technical issues and interfacing with all involved functions.
- Report and escalate all observed incidents, irregularities that occur through proper operational escalation points.
- Evaluate the safety, efficiency, and effectiveness of biomedical equipment.
- Ensure that all medical equipment is properly maintained and documented.
- Provide engineering and technical expertise on all matters related to medical technology, especially in the process of planning, review, evaluation, and specification of medical equipment; installation; commissioning; ppm and repair/service
- Install, adjust, maintain, and/or repair biomedical equipment. Evaluate, negotiate and manage service contracts.
- Develop and provide a comprehensive in-service education program on the safe and effective use of medical equipment for both medical and nursing staff.
- Develop and implement short and long term strategies for the development and direction of the department to effectively manage medical equipment and technology in the clinics.
- Minimize, investigate and rectify hazard risks associated with medical equipment use.
- With minimal supervision, evaluate progressively complex, customer biomedical equipment issues, implement appropriate repairs; as assigned, perform planned maintenance (PM), safety and environmental inspections and maintain effective customer relations. Follow appropriate INSO policies, procedures, hospital protocol and complete necessary documentation.
- Maintain daily communications with customers and Internally, to ensure resolution and proper follow-up, leading to customer satisfaction.
- May assist more and less experienced technicians on basic and complex repairs /resolution respectively. Work as a member of local team to provide efficient service delivery to all accounts within assigned area. When trained, share on-call / pager responsibility.
- Document all Installation/commissioning/repair actions and submit reports/summaries according to schedule. Ensure proper care of spares, tools and test equipment and ensure calibration. Maintain approved parts inventory. Manage vendor’s service delivery processes in compliance with INSO policies, as instructed. Enhance and maintain technical knowledge of current standards, codes and procedures regarding safe and effective use of medical equipment through formal instruction.
- Meet Health and Human Services, Environment Health and Safety requirements and/or all other applicable regulatory requirements.
- Perform other duties within the scope of the job and its technical capacity
- Able to communicate efficiently in English
- Able to lead team of junior biomedical engineers to perform installation, testing and commissioning
- Understand Medical Equipment manuals
- Able to use biomedical testing equipment
- Able to use medical safety equipment
- Job Location:
- Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry:
- Construction; Engineering
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 7 Max: 10
- Residence Location: