The Bayt.com Middle East Consumer Confidence Index- May 2012
May 27, 2012
The goal of the Middle East Consumer Confidence Index analysis is to understand the perceptions and attitudes of Middle Eastern consumers regarding the economy of their countries, their personal financial and job situation, their likelihood to purchase and invest and the employment and jobs market in general. Job seekers surveyed were spread across Dubai, Abu Dhabi, UAE, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Morocco and other Middle Eastern and North African countries.
- • Only 27% of the total respondents in this wave feel that their personal financial situation is better than last year. 31% opine that it is worse.
- • Less than a quarter of respondents (23%) feel that the current period is good for business. 38% opine that it is not good.
- • 45% of the respondents have positive expectations for the country’s future economy and financial conditions. Another 16% feel that it would remain the same.
- • 45% of the respondents say that now is not a good time to buy consumer durables.
Respondents' Profile: Professionals holding jobs in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Kuwait, KSA, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco and elsewhere in the Middle East and North Africa at all career levels and across all industries were included in this Middle East HR Research Survey including professionals holding jobs in banking, financial services, IT, engineering, architecture, human resources, media, advertising, marketing, sales, government, consulting, publishing and other key employment sectors in the Middle East.
To access this report, please click on the download button below.
|Media Type||File Type||File Size|
|English Document||Adobe Acrobat||1486 KB|
|Arabic Document||Adobe Acrobat||1290 KB|
This article and all other intellectual property on Bayt.com is the property of Bayt.com. Reproduction of this article in any form is only permissible with written permission from Bayt.com.
Related Research Reports on Bayt.com
- Bayt.com Job Satisfaction in the Middle East and North Africa Survey
- The Bayt.com Fresh Graduates in the Middle East and North Africa Survey
- Bayt.com Infographic: Professionals' Health and Eating Habits in the Middle East and North Africa
Please login to post a comment.