Bayt.com Infographic: Absenteeism in the Workplace in the Middle East & North Africa
July 02, 2012
Unscheduled absenteeism at companies is increasingly coming under the spotlight as a hurdle that needs to be dealt with effectively. After all, it is very damaging: it leads to loss of efficiency and effectiveness, as well as puts unnecessary strain on co-workers.
Our July infographic has some facts and figures from Bayt.com's 'Absenteeism in the Workplace in the Middle East & North Africa’ poll (June 2012) and reveals interesting insights into attitudes and habits both professionals and the management holds when dealing with unscheduled absenteeism.
Highlights from the infographic:
- 63.2% professionals in the region say they take unplanned leaves 'very rarely' compared to 11.9% who said they were absent 'once a month'.
- • Six out of ten professionals (62.4%) say that their companies track employee absenteeism through ‘a specialised programme with strict policies’. Does yours?
- • Female employees are seen to be absent more often than their male counterparts according to 42.6% of respondents.
- • More than half (50.2%) of respondents believe that senior employees take more unplanned leaves than anyone else.
- • 'Lack of responsibility’ and ‘low job satisfaction’ ranked equally with 22.7% each as the main reason for absenteeism among the polled professionals.
- • More than half of the poll’s respondents (51%) state that recognising and rewarding regular and punctual attendance is the best way to lower rates of absenteeism.
Data for the Bayt.com's 'Absenteeism in the Workplace in the Middle East & North Africa’ poll was collected online from May 13 – June 21 2012, with 9085 respondents covering more than 12 countries in the MENA region.
This article and all other intellectual property on Bayt.com is the property of Bayt.com. Reproduction of this article in any form is only permissible with written permission from Bayt.com.
Related Research Reports on Bayt.com
- The Bayt.com Happiness and Wellbeing in the MENA Survey
- Bayt.com Infographic: What are the Signs of the Changing Workplace Dynamics in the Middle East and North Africa?
- Social Entrepreneurship: Why is it Important Post Arab Spring? [White Paper Report]
Please login to post a comment.