Bayt.com Infographic: How Popular Are Internships in the Middle East?
December 10, 2012
For lots of young professionals, an internship is the first step taken when entering the job market. How productive an experience are internships in the MENA region, for both interns and employers? Are interns managed well? Are most internships perceived to be paid?
Answers to all these questions and more from Bayt.com's December infographic, which reveals interesting insights from Bayt.com's ‘Internships in the MENA Region’ poll.
- • 75.6% academic institutions require their students to complete an internship.
- • 73.4% respondents say they were appointed a mentor during their internship.
- • 55.2% of internships in the region are believed to be paid, according to respondents.
- • 48.3% respondents feel their internship was important in developing and learning new skills and gaining knowledge.
Data for the Bayt.com's ‘Internships in the MENA Region’ poll was collected online from October 29 – December 4, 2012, with 9,050 respondents covering more than 12 countries in the MENA region.
This article and all other intellectual property on Bayt.com is the property of Bayt.com. Reproduction of this article in any form is only permissible with written permission from Bayt.com.
Related Research Reports on Bayt.com
- Bayt.com Infographic: How Important Is Online Personal Branding in the MENA?
- The Arab World Online: Changing Internet Usage Trends - White Paper by Dubai School of Government and Bayt.com
- Bayt.com Infographic: Absenteeism in the Workplace in the Middle East & North Africa
Please login to post a comment.