The Bayt.com Middle East Consumer Confidence Index (September 2009)
October 04, 2009
The goal of the Middle East Consumer Confidence Index analysis is to understand the perceptions and attitudes of Middle Eastern consumers regarding the economy of their countries, their personal financial and job situation, their likelihood to purchase and invest and the employment and jobs market in general. JobSeekers surveyed were spread across Dubai, Abu Dhabi, UAE, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Morocco and other Middle Eastern and North African countries.
These are the indices:
* Consumer Confidence Index (CCI): a measure of consumer expectations and satisfaction of various elements of the economy including, i.e.: inflation, job opportunities, etc…
* Consumer Expectation Index (CEI):): a measure of consumer expectations and level of optimism towards the future.
* Propensity to Consume/Spend Index (PCI): a measure of consumer willingness to spend/ consume over a certain period of time.
* Employee Confidence Index (ECI): a measure of people’s attitudes towards availability of jobs and salary satisfaction across the Middle East and North Africa.
Respondents' Profile: Professionals holding jobs in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Kuwait, KSA, Qatar, Bahrain, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco and elsewhere in the Middle East and North Africa at all career levels and across all industries were included in this Middle East HR Research Survey including professionals holding jobs in banking, financial services, IT, engineering, architecture, human resources, media, advertising, marketing, sales, government, consulting, publishing and other key employment sectors in the Middle East.
To access this report, please click on the download button below.
|Media Type||File Type||File Size|
|English Document||Adobe Acrobat||3017 KB|
|Arabic Document||Adobe Acrobat||2722 KB|
This article and all other intellectual property on Bayt.com is the property of Bayt.com. Reproduction of this article in any form is only permissible with written permission from Bayt.com.
Related Research Reports on Bayt.com
- Bayt.com Infographic: How Successful Are Nationalization Efforts In The GCC?
- The Arab World Online: Changing Internet Usage Trends - White Paper by Dubai School of Government and Bayt.com
- The Bayt.com Middle East Consumer Confidence Index- September 2011
Please login to post a comment.