Consultant Ophthalmologist ( Vitreo-Retinal Surgery)
Reporting to the Chief of the Department. Responsible for Residents and Specialist
Responsible to provide the full range of ophthalmological care to all age groups. Participates in the planning and implementation of integrated preventive-curative medical care programs.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs the professional duties of an ophthalmologist.
• Conducts eye clinics as required by the Chief of Service.
• Performs complete eye examination, assessment, determines and/or implements the course of treatment.
• Discusses with the patient and/or his family the eye findings, management, expected result of treatment and possible complications.
• Follows patients through their illness at appropriately spaced intervals.
• Receives the results of lab and X-ray tests, ensures that patient is notified of the results and appropriate treatment and follow up is initiated.
• Documents and records the eye findings, treatment and the discussions with the patient and/or family in the inpatient and/or outpatient medical records.
• Completes patient and other medical records promptly and accurately indicating diagnosis, treatment, course of action.
• Maintains strict confidentiality of patients’ medical records.
• Makes daily rounds on inpatients and post-operative patients. This includes daily progress notes in the inpatient medical record, discharge planning, discharge orders, follow up appointments, recommendations on discharge, duty status of the employee, etc.
• Performs elective and emergency surgery as expected within the scope of the general ophthalmologist.
• Takes on-call coverage of emergency and urgent cases during the daytime and during the night, as per the On-Call Schedule.
• Performs special procedures on an out-patient basis, i.e., excision of pterygium, incision and drainage of chalazion, etc.
• Is available for consultation with other physicians and specialists when requested.
• Consults with other physicians and specialists when necessary.
• Refers patients to the appropriate physician if/when necessary.
• Participates in group conferences requiring the viewpoint and opinions of the specialty regarding difficult medical cases.
• Attends staff meetings and weekly rounds and participates in in-service activities as required, i.e., Morbidity & Mortality conferences, Peer Review, etc.
• Participates in quality improvement programs as required by the Chief of Service.
• Consults with his colleagues on major complicated ophthalmology problems.
• Communicates with other medical services, specialty chiefs, district clinics, ambulatory medical services and their staff regarding eye problems of the employees or their dependents.
• Participates in the ophthalmic education to other services and takes parts in the professional development and training program for primary care physicians.
• Attends committee meetings and other functions as requested.
• Follows organization’s medical regulations and policies.
• Maintains current knowledge of policies and procedures.
• Consults with and/or informs his/her supervisor for guidance and clarification when necessary.
• Participates in the development and/or implementation of industrial eyeprograms as requested.
• Completes necessary documentation in cases of eye injuries whether on or off the job for all employees and all dependents when injuries occur on company premises. (Decides and documents off duty for all employees).
• Reports to Epidemiology all conditions mentioned on Form…
• Strives to maintain current trends in ophthalmology.
• Maintains a professional appearance and manner at all times.
• Performs other miscellaneous related duties as requested by supervisor
• Two or more year’s exclusive practice of ophthalmology since certification.
• English is required to prepare documentation and it is used as the common language to communicate with different nationalities. Basic knowledge of medical Arabic desirable.
• Incumbent is qualified in the application of both YAG and ARGON laser therapy, as expected in the scope of a general ophthalmologist.
• Must have a thorough knowledge of medical ethics.
• Knowledge of industrial ophthalmology and of the fields related to it and geographic ophthalmology. Ability to adjust practice in an industrial environment.
• Must be well versed in principles and practices of industrial medicine.
• Fluency in English.
This job is posted in the following Specialties:Visual Basic Sun Application Server Application Packaging Application Management Services Active Directory
- Job Location:
- Hofof, Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry:
- Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician
- Company Type:
- Recruitment Agency
- Job Role:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 10
- Residence Location:
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma