Our client a leader in Property Development & Real Estate is currently seeking a Technical Support Manager( Civil/ Structural Engineer) to be based in their Head Office in Riyadh.
The Technical Support Manager will be responsible for planning, managing, and directing the company’s construction services in terms of project management, time management, and quality control; in addition to setting up the project management office.
• Develop standardized policies, processes, approaches, and tools for the Construction Services function in line with the company’s strategic direction and objectives. • Develops the Construction Services business plan, budget and resources while ensuring alignment with company’s overall strategy and direction.• Manage the implementation of the strategic initiatives and objectives, as applicable to the Construction Services function, and ensure it is communicated properly to all individuals within the department.• Ensure effective management of project construction from construction, testing, commissioning and hand-over which covers project management planning, cost management, time management, quality management, and issue & risk management• Manage, monitor and evaluate the project construction process in coordination with the contractor & supervision firm, as applicable.• Conduct formal status meetings and prepare periodical status reports “progress report” (daily, weekly, and monthly) to management in order to ensure that the project remains on time and within allocated budgets. • Establish and manage a program management office to monitor and report on all projects that span across the Construction Services function by:• Maintaining and ensuring proper operations from quality control perspectives• Establishing processes and control measures to enable the management to monitor project progress with regards to budget, time, quality and resources• Providing consolidated progress reports (weekly, monthly, etc.) for all projects and manage overall issue/risk log (issues/risks associated with each project).• Reviewing and assessing all change order requests.• Monitor and control expenses related to project work and ensure organizational forecasts and budgets are met for these expenses.• Manage the project final assessment which includes the actual vs. budget scope, construction quality, and project completion time vs. planned, final acceptance certificates, change orders letters, and close of contracts.• Monitor procurement activities relating to contracts and sub contracts in accordance with Contract terms and conditions and Tendering & Procurement department policies and procedures.• Ensure that the required technical standards of regulatory, safety, environment, and security are implemented on the project site.• Participate in the contracting and procurements process in conjunction with the Tendering & Procurement department.• Approve all activities related to the projects payments, change requests, new replacement material, others as per the DoA. • Manage and maintain the relationship with all the construction firms and supervision consultants and subcontractors (if any).• Provide advice, guidance, direction, and authorization to department's employees to carry out major plans and procedures, consistent with established policies. And ensure effective and efficient flow of work, and ensure all employees recognize their fundamental role in the department.• Conduct annual performance appraisal to review employees’ work performance and recommend salary adjustments, rewards and promotions based on employee performance and carry out disciplinary meetings when needed.
• A minimum of 6 years’ experience in management position in a real estate development or construction management industry
• Project Management Certification.
Key Performance Measures
• Average elapsed time from design to commercial release.
• Effective time management - Time reduction in the completion of projects
• Effective management of staff and resources and assuring their availability and readiness.
• Number of quality controls performed.
• % construction projects delivered within time, cost and quality criteria.
- Job Location:
- Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry:
- Real Estate
- Company Type:
- Recruitment Agency
- Job Role:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 7
- Residence Location:
- Bahrain; Kuwait; Oman; Qatar; Saudi Arabia; United Arab Emirates
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma