Menu - [Jump to main content]
Through education and research, Qatar Foundation leads human, social, and economic development of Qatar; making Qatar a nation that can be a vanguard for productive change in the region and a role model for the broader international community.
Qatar Foundation's mission is to prepare the people of Qatar and the region to meet the challenges of an ever-changing world and to make Qatar a leader in innovative education and research.
To coordinate with various staff members within Housing and Residence Life, to operate the front desk operations (if assigned), to prepare and assign residential units for new students to support HBKU in becoming a leading research and education center of excellence.
• Create a positive residential experience for residents that promote the safety, well-being, development, learning and retention of all students; ensure experience is in line with HBKU vision.
• Prepare and assign/re-assign residential units as per assignment guidelines, procedures, and under the housing assignment officer’s supervision and approval
• Assist the Facilites Management Officer in the daily administrative operations of the Residence Hall(s) including building opening/closing, distribution and collection of access cards or physical keys, monitoring of room inventories and room changes, regular inspections, follow up on work orders’ implementation and create damage reports for billing purposes.
• Ensure that all units are furnished and supplied with standard amenities prior to students move-in.
• Utilize effectively the Student Housing Management System (StarRez) in day to day operations such as check in/out, generation of reports, maintenance requests, application processing, assignments, billing and invoicing.
• Key in information in the CAFM system to generate work requests.
• Respond effectively to email communications in the housing account.
• Develop and preserve inventories for each unit, and ensure that all residents sign the inventory list.
• Develop and maintain electronic and hard copy files of individual and personal records of residents.
• Coordinate with the Finance Department to ensure timely billing of residents.
• Collect curfew letters and generate curfew reports for parents subject to student’s consent.
• Assist in the planning and implementation of new student residence orientation.
• Liaise with the Facilities Management Directorate to complete normal and preventive maintenance requirements.
• Keep records of all emergency service details such as ambulances, civil defence and police.
• Work on a rotation basis on evenings and weekends if needed.
• Be cognizant of the special needs and concerns of minority students and address these needs and concerns.
• Perform other tasks and duties that may be from time to time required in order to meet the