Description du poste
Based in Dubai, the Chief Technology Officer’s role is to establish the company’s technical vision and to lead all aspects of the company’s technology department.
This requires a deep understanding of all parts of the company’s business and the ability to lead the design, implementation and maintenance of every technical solution and process.
- As a member of the Senior Management Team, the Chief Technology Officer plays an integral role in the company’s strategic direction, development and future growth.
- Manage a team of 8 composed of coders, designers, IT administrators and customer care.
- Lead the execution of the technical strategy for all technology platforms, partnerships and external relationships.
- Oversee the technical research and development, as well as manage the technical projects.
- Provide visible leadership of the company within the technology community.
- Collaborate with all company departments to assess and recommend technologies that support their needs and optimize their work.
- Select and manage the technical department’s staff or outsourced service providers who will participate in the technical projects.
- Be in charge of the technical risk management, monitor all the technical services of the company and define a business continuity strategy.
- Establish the technical standard and processes and perform quality assurance of products development and technical operations.
- Remain on top of technology trends, identify opportunities for innovation and ensure the maintenance of company leadership in the competitive landscape.
- Minimum 5 to 10 years experience managing web application development.
- Experience with start-up companies at a strategic level is required.
- Previous experience as Chief Technology Officer is a plus.
- Knowledge of business theory, business process development, management, budgeting and administrative operations.
- Demonstrated ability to envision web-based services that meet consumer needs or solve business problems.
- Deep understanding of coding in one currently popular PHP framework.
- Knowledge of web standards.
- Familiar with UNIX system administration and web server configuration.
- Familiar with technical requirements of Internet marketing and search engine optimization.
- Familiar with information security vulnerabilities and risk management.
- Familiar with consumer privacy and payments industry compliance requirements.
- Proven leadership ability.
- Required ability to transfer strategic ideas to the technical team and to communicate technical details to non-technical audiences.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills.
- Self-motivated and directed.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to motivate and communicate with technical people in a collaborative environment.
Détails du poste
- Lieu de travail:
- Dubaï, Émirats Arabes Unis
- Domaine de la société:
- Internet/E-commerce; Technologie de l'information
- Type de société:
- Employeur (secteur privé)
- Statut d'emploi:
- Temps plein
- Type d'emploi:
- Salaire mensuel:
- Non spécifié
- Nombre de postes à pourvoir:
- Niveau de carrière:
- Cadre Dirigeant (Président, PDG)
- Années d'expérience:
- Non spécifié
- Lieu de résidence:
- Émirats Arabes Unis
- Non spécifié
- Afrique du Sud; Australie; Canada; Etats Unis; Grande Bretagne (UK); Ireland; Nouvelle Zélande; Royaume Uni
- Baccalauréat / Diplôme supérieur