Banquet Sales Manager
Al Kuwait, Kuwait
Date Posted: 2017/01/11
- Maintains an absolute confidential and professional driven work relationship with his/her direct Superiors and at the same time promoting a healthy relationship with all managers in department as well as the hotel.
- Assist in identifying key areas, issues and concerns and act upon immediately in accordance to prior agreed methods.
- In collaboration with his/her superior, he/she develops and implements realistic action plans aimed to introduce and/or improve services, procedures and work methods in accordance to the short and long-term goals of the Banquet operations.
- Assist actively in monitoring systematically the performance of the department and intervenes, reports immediately if deviations occur.
- Maintain a high profile in guest contact, public relations and sales activities.
- Pay attention even to the slightest guest comment and act and report accordingly.
- Ensure excellent communication and team spirit within his department and with all the other departments.
- Stay up to date with new F&B trends in the industry. Constant update on the direct competition.
- On duty during normal accepted working hours and whenever his/her presence is required.
- Ensure proper internal training in order to maintain the highest grade of standard and efficiency in service rendered.
- Participate and conduct daily briefings, monthly meetings of the department’s supervisors and administrative associates.
- Familiar with set financial and operational targets. Co - responsible of achievement of set targets.
- Initiates promotional packages relevant to specific periods of the year, such as holidays - graduation - wedding - seminars and meeting package, etc.
- Designs incentive programs for clients to maximize banquet sales, and submits proposals to the Director of Banquet & Conference for review and approval.
- Monitors prices and concessions extended to clients.
- Initiates improvement to banquet facilities and services, based on feedback from clients and market research on competitors' activities.
- Identifies and classifies accounts with maximum potential for banquet business.
- Writes banquet proposal letters, 'Thank you' letters, letters of apology, etc.
- Prepares the monthly and weekly banquet sales forecast.
- Prepares all function event orders and amendments, ensures the correct and timely distribution.
- Guides and advises Sales and Account Managers in the planning of functions.
- Handles all complaints of banquet guests.
- Controls banquet reservations. Determines priority in case of multiple reservations made for a given time, date and revenue.
- Reviews all function requirements with all concerned departments on previously agreed meetings.
- Personally checks and greets host of all functions held in the Hotel.
- Ensure that health and safety, emergency & fire fighting rules and regulations are adhered to.
- Perform other assigned duties that contribute to the hotel’s mission and objectives.
- Knowledge of all F&B Standard operating procedures, quality presentation, and service and products.
- Well organized and efficient.
- Motivated and proactive.
- Able to multi-task.
- Have good project-management and problem-solving skills.
- Able to cope with pressure and tight deadlines.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Interested in the events industry.
- Candidate should have 3 experience with leading hotels in the same field .
- Transferable Visa is a must and should have experience in Kuwait market.
- Job Location:
Al Kuwait, Kuwait
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Employment Type:
Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Job Ref.:
- Career Level:
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
Bachelor's degree / higher diploma