Under direction the candidates, plans, organizes and provides supervision and oversight for daily maintenance operations and activities in an assigned area, which includes facilities services; supervises and evaluates the work of both maintenance employees and outside contractors; coordinates section activities with those of other sections, divisions and departments; inspects and troubleshoots maintenance work; and performs related work as required.
1. Monitors and participates in operations in assigned unit including inspecting projects, developing and implementing modifications and improvements, recommending specifications and scheduling for contracts, negotiating prices and inspecting contractor’s work to ensure that safe work practices and standard operating procedures are followed.
2. With guidance from Quality Assurance Manger to answers questions and provides information related to projects including resolving problems, approving expenditures, handling complaints and providing technical expertise in area of assignment.
3. Maintains effective working relationships and works in cooperation with the management team to effectively meet departmental objectives.
4. Provides input into the development of the operating budget for the assigned area of responsibility; orders materials and supplies; assists in the monitoring and tracking of expenditures for the section.
5. Coordinates section activities with other sections, programs and departments, including scheduling and resolving problems; coordinates and inspects work performed by contractors.
6. Ensures that safety training is provided to staff and that proper safety practices are followed.
7. Responds to emergencies as requested; coordinates activities with other responders; directs the work of staff and utilization of resources to effect repair and ensure its safety.
8. May perform a variety of field maintenance tasks, depending upon experience and level of requirements.
9. Prepares records related to the work performed and materials and supplies used; enters invoices in the computerized purchasing system
With at least five years of skilled or semi-skilled maintenance experience which must have included one year of lead experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties.
- Job Location:
- Al Kuwait, Kuwait
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Job Ref.:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
- Al Ahmadi,Kuwait ; Al Farawaniyah,Kuwait ; Al Kuwait,Kuwait ; Hawali,Kuwait ; Kuwait