Civil Design Engineer:
The selected candidate will have at least 7 years background in Civil design engineering and would have previous experience on large infrastructure projects.
Civil Design Engineer will develop project plans, define project goals and devise methods to accomplish them; develops in-depth knowledge of client objectives, contract terms, and Parsons/client policies. They should be familiar with the integration of architectural and engineering/technical aspects, as well as procurement and design activities. They will be responsible for meeting quality requirements for both the contractor and the project owner and would have supported major projects up to $150 million. Perform conventional and moderately-complex engineering assignments, applying engineering techniques and analyses within a discipline. The Engineer at this level is proficient in the utilization of standard engineering theories and practices, and Company procedures. Some assignments involve CAE (computer aided engineering)/CAD (computer aided design) applications. Willingness to travel or relocate to supplier, client, or construction site locations, is expected.
• Typical products may include detailed calculations, drawings, procurement documents, design and installation packages, proposal evaluations, technical reports, and detailed analyses.
• Attend meetings with client and subcontractors while acting as a Parsons representative.
• Provide technical direction, making decisions and/or obtaining the services of subcontractors or consultants. Reviewing drawings detailing the systems designed and calculations while establishing the program requirements for the areas of the South Terminal
• Coordinate work with other Senior Resident Engineer, and leads of many disciplines while planning, directing, supervising, and controlling the execution of all business, technical, fiscal, and administrative functions of the a redevelopment project.
• The Civil Design Engineer will visit the project sites while working with the client to rectify potential cost overruns or delays, or to accommodate significant changes to the scope of utilities work.
• Provides input and technical guidance to CAD Designer/Drafters, Designers, and lower-level Engineers working on the same project.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• Min 7 years construction engineering and hands on design experience of underground structures. Role requires 60%/ Design and 40% site evaluation
• Solid understanding of Structural engineering concepts related to infrastructure projects such as; Landscape, Underground Car Park Structures, District Cooling Plants
• Demonstrated competency with AutoCAD and additional 3D Design Software i.e. Micro-Station. Proficiency in 3D design is considered an asset Proven ability to develop and/or revise 3D models and drawings within the capacity of structural Engineering
- Job Location:
- Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry:
- Construction; Engineering
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Job Ref.:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location: