• Boeing products i.e. 747 and 777 aircraft. Should have hands-on experience with these products, i.e. troubleshooting, resolving problems in field.
• Coordinate the development of routine troubleshooting procedures by using established processes and communicating with functional organizations (e.g. engineering, program office, customer) to isolate equipment problems not detected by tactical diagnostics/documentation.
• Develop relationships with immediate customers and their senior leadership by communicating and understanding their needs, expectations, and requirements, soliciting customer feedback, and taking action to ensure customer satisfaction with the company's products and service.
• Provide assistance with the interpretation of technical documents (e.g. orders, manuals, maintenance manuals, operating procedures, drawings, interactive electronic technical manual) by communicating with operators/maintainers to ensure the intent and purpose of the documentation is understood and followed.
• Document field site activities by preparing and transmitting reports (e.g. customer/site activity, technical/operational data, problems, publication change requests, continuous process improvement data) to provide status of product/customer issues and developments.
• Develop and provide solutions to a wide variety of technically complex problems without assistance.
• Be able and willing to support customers AOG requirements by coordinating with customers as well as home business units until resolution is defined.
• Conversant with the aircraft spares market to support customers’ needs as well as supporting home Spares Business units sales.
• Have good writing and communicating skills to support the daily technical issues, technical seminars and leadership meetings.
• Have desire to learn new products and technology that customers will be using in future.
• Have good computer skills (software and hardware) to support current and future aircraft maintenance.
• Able to work in a team environment, share technical expertise and learn from representatives
• Additional tasks (reflects additional typical job family activities. Specific activities may vary by business unit, region, site or assignment):
1.Monitor and report customer information (e.g. business developments, key personnel changes, business opportunities) that could be used in marketing and sales of Boeing products and services.
2. Perform business activities by using established company/field service policies and procedures to support field service business processes.
3. Provide specialized on-the-job training to the operators/maintainers by explaining theory of operations and demonstrating basic operating, maintenance, servicing procedures, and troubleshooting techniques, and by using special tools and equipment to supplement formal training.
This job may be level E3 or E4 and will determined by the level of experience and qualifications of the selected candidate, in relation to the scope and responsibility of the position.
• Able to work in a team environment, share technical expertise and learn from experts.
• Utilize this knowledge to resolve customer issues.
• Knowledge of various engineering disciplines such as electrical, mechanical, and systems.
• The ability to communicate with technical personnel from multiple skill areas and functions to evaluate technical information and issues impacting design, production, and support of products, services, or other deliverables.
• Good communication skills and fluency in English (written and spoken).
• Need good computer skills; e.g. Excel, Power Point, Word, etc.
• Must be able to adapt to Airline and local culture.
• Must value diversity in the work place and respect cultures other than your own.
• Proven record of high integrity and performance.
• Degree qualified engineer with aircraft maintenance engineer license is preferable for this job.
• 10 years experience in aircraft engineering preferred.
• Having Boeing aircraft experience is mandatory.
• Must be flexible and able to adapt to Airline and local culture.
Other Job related information: This position will be part of Boeing International. This requisition is for an international, locally hired position in Doha, Qatar.
Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S.-based payroll, and will be commensurate with experience and qualifications and in accordance with applicable in country law. The employment is subject to the candidate’s ability to satisfy all local labor formalities. Relocation benefits may be limited to in-country or in-continent moves and may not be available for overseas relocation.
- Job Location:
- Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Job Ref.:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma