There is an exciting opportunity for 2 enthusiastic Librarians to join a new American curriculam Islamic School situated in Al Barsha, Dubai.
Teaching at NGS represents an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and committed individual to join our exciting school. It would suit an experienced candidate who is looking to continue a successful career pathway.
We are looking for 2 suitably qualified Librarian's To manage both the school libraries.
Primary responsibilities :
To teach library as a subject as per the curriculam guidelines .In addition the librarian would need to do the following tasks:
- Help students find the information they need.
- Analyzing students’ needs to determine what information is appropriate.
- Showing students how to access information.
- Help students navigate the Internet.
- Coordinate programs such as AR.
- Help teachers develop curricula. Acquire materials for classroom instruction, and sometimes team- teach.
- Lend and collect books, periodicals, video tapes and other materials.
- Inspect returned materials for damage, check due dates, and compute fines for o verdue material.
- Help students who have vision problems.
- Acquisitions and cataloguing.
- Acquire and prepare materials for use.
- Read book reviews, publishers’ announcements, and catalogues to keep up with current literature and other available resources.
- Prepare cards.
- Update computer records.
- Maintain the computer system.
- Develop and index databases and help train users to develop searching skills for the information they need.
- Aware of how to use Internet resources in order to locate information.
- Sort returned books, periodicals, and other items and return them to their designated shelves, files or storage areas.
- Try to repair any material that have been damaged by using tape or paste to repair torn pages or book covers and other specialized to repair more valuable materials.
- Management and planning of the library.
- Negotiate contracts for materials and equipment.
- Supervise students.
- Prepare direct activities to ensure that everything functions properly.
- Compile lists of books, periodicals, articles, and audiovisual materials on particular subjects: analyze collections and recommend materials.
- Prepare reports on area of particular interest.
- Review records to compile a list of overdue materials and send out notices. Keep the library clean, sorted, calm and reliable.
***One Billingual candidate and one English speaking candiate are preferred for this role.
Knowledge, skills and Abilities:
- Must have a Bachelor degree in Library & Information sciences or a related qualification
- Has 2-4 years experience as School Librarian
Native English Speakers and BILLINGUAL (Arabic)
- Well-read & informed about books
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Efficiency in delivery Conscientiousness with a sense of responsibility
library & Information science
- Job Location:
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Company Industry:
- Education, Training, and Library
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Teaching and Academics
- Employment Type:
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Job Ref.:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 3
- Residence Location:
- United Arab Emirates
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma
- Max: 45