Process all guest check-ins by confirming reservations, assigning room, and issuing and activating room key. Process all payment types such as room charges, cash, checks, debit, or credit. Process all check-outs including resolving any late and disputed charges. Answer, record, and process all guest calls, messages, requests, questions, or concerns. Coordinate with Housekeeping to track readiness of rooms for check-in. Communicate parking procedures to guests/visitors and dispatch bell staff or valet staff as needed. Supply guests with directions and information regarding property and local areas of interest. Run daily reports (number of arrivals, departures), identify any special requests, and check reports for accuracy. Complete designated cashier and closing reports in the computer system. Count float at the beginning and end of shift. Balance and drop receipts according to accounting specifications. Responsible for on-the-job training for all new Front Desk Agents.
· Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
· Pro-active and reliable
· Outgoing personality and outstanding guest service skills.
· Knowledge of local area, local attractions, entertainment and landmarks
· Knowledge of hotel room types, layouts and features
· Ability to use Opera, Micros & MARSHA System and other operating systems
· Knowledge of Guest Response Tracking Software / Guestware
· Ability to work collaboratively with hotel service team in providing exceptional customer service excellent telephone etiquette
· Strong problem-solving skills
· Strong organization and working to deadline skillsHave a complete understanding of the Marriott Reward program
· Welcome all guests with a smile and maintain a professional approach at all times.
· Be knowledgeable about daily hotel operations, check daily event sheet , bulletin boards and be up to date with all changes, new procedure and events.
· Have knowledge of hotel rates, package and discounts.
· Attend the shift briefing, daily 15 minutes training and front office monthly meeting.
· To ensure a quick, efficient and friendly check in and departure of all guests. Ensuring that their details are entered onto the computer correctly and efficiently to the Brand Standards
· Assign rooms, accommodating special requests whenever possible
· To understand the correct reservation procedures and to take any reservations if required
· Be flexible according to the business needs.
· Be fully aware of hotel credit policy and procedures and ensure that it’s adhered at all time.
· Be knowledgeable of Marriott Rewards , Elite program and other Frequent flyer programs as required
· Strive to represent Marriott in the most professional manner at all times.
- Job Location:
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Support Services
- Employment Type:
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Job Ref.:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
- United Arab Emirates