Pearson VUE is the global leader in computer-based testing for information technology, academic, government and professional testing programs around the world. Pearson VUE provides a full suite of services from test development to data management, and delivers exams through the world’s most comprehensive and secure network of test centres in more than 180 countries, where we validate the skills and knowledge of millions of individuals every year. Pearson VUE offers a great environment to start or grow your career, we are now hiring for a Level 1 IT Support to join our team based in Media City, Dubai.
We believe in equal opportunity and employ people solely on the basis of their skills and abilities.
The first level consultant is responsible to provide technical support to VUE’s external clients to ensure they can successfully operate their VUE Testing Systems software. The appointed individual will provide outstanding customer service to all internal and external users of the VUE applications. Support will be provided via telephone, e-mail, instant messenger, and remote tools to ensure that users of the VUE applications receive the appropriate technical service required to achieve the best results.
- Maintain a professional and mature attitude providing the highest level of support for customers at all times
- Provide telephone support for Client first level support group
- Provide telephone and desktop support for internal employees
- Provide installation support of Testing Systems software
- Perform project work such as result processing, monitoring and associated tasks
- Retain ownership of problems until resolved
- Help manage the support of applications and software for all users of the business applications.
- Ensure that the highest service delivery is achieved, by meeting internal Service Level
- Agreements (SLA’s) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Keep management informed of significant changes in performance of applications
- Look for opportunity to avoid operational trouble areas
- Document procedures as necessary and submit knowledge base articles as needed.
- Utilize Knowledge base tools to effectively trouble shoot issue with minimal 2nd level support.
- Maintain accurate escalation documents following up on all issues from telephone calls, incidents or e-mail enquires
- Meet call time goals for optimum productivity and department service level goals.
- Successfully complete any specific project work as directed by the team leader
- Prioritize workload based on urgency and impact to customers and the business
- Ensure superior customer service and technical support for internal and external customers of VUE applications
- Ensure accurate recording of helpdesk calls using the company’s incident tracking systems
- Assist all software release activity for all parties impacted
- Support evaluation and implementation of new technologies
- Escalating to global teams for system support issues
- Work closely with other colleagues and teams to ensure proper process & procedures are followed
- Actively manage missing results with sites and internal teams in a timely manner
- Timely support and resolution of issues raised to the IT helpdesk by head office and remote users.
- Escalation of issues to Second Level teams when necessary.
Essential Experience and Qualifications
- Fluent in both written and spoken Arabic (Essential)
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
- Excellent knowledge and experience in a customer focus environment
- At least two years in a similar role
- Experience and support of Microsoft Server/workstation operating systems and office applications
- Experience with supporting software applications via telephone and using remote tools
- Experience of supporting LAN/WAN connectivity related issues
- General knowledge of internet communication and networking configurations and troubleshooting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to actively demonstrate a logical and analytical approach to problem solving
- Effective time management
- Effective planning and prioritizing skills
- Excellent conflict management skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong attention to details
- Quick learner and ability to adapt to new systems and operating environments.
- This position requires the individual physically perform the job duties in the
- Support Centre, except when assigned to an offsite support event.
Desirable Experience and Qualifications
- High school diploma required,
- Bachelors/Associate degree strongly preferred
- Qualification in ITIL or similar preferable
- MS Exchange & Active Directory support
- Demonstrated documentation and training skills
- Customer service experience preferred
- Ability to install/configure IT hardware/component would be advantageous.
- Previous experience of living and working in the location/region
- Must be able to work full time flexible hours to meet demands of the business
- Able to work in shifts
5 working days per week. (any day from Saturday to Friday)
- Occasional travel may be required to support client requirements.
- Weekend/Weekday out of hours support requirement
- Extended work hours will be necessary
- Job Location:
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Company Industry:
- Education, Training, and Library
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Information Technology
- Employment Type:
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Job Ref.:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
- Dubai,United Arab Emirates