The purpose of this job is to lead the team of Security Assurance Officers in ensuring implementation of the company’s Quality Control Programme.
To identify any aviation security findings and communicate with the police team and other key stakeholders to mitigate any findings.
1. Leading the Security Assurance team in the implementation of the company’s security Quality Control Program and updating the company’s Security management system.
2. Providing specialist security advice to support strategic planning, development and operations across all security related issues
3. Act as a specialist in coaching and supporting business managers to ensure their areas are in line with airport security standards.
4. Carry out training needs analyses for the security staff, to Identify gaps in skill and knowledge levels in relation to security standards and procedures.
5. Design and deliver training and on-going coaching for Dubai Airports staff working in Security.
6. Lead and coordinate the team of Security Advisors on a day-to-day basis, ensuring they know which areas of the airport they are responsible for.
7. Implement emergency response role in the event of an emergency, as specified in the emergency response procedure.
8. Coordinate the preparation of Quality Assurance reports by Security Assurance officer and ensure these are sent to the Airport Security Compliance Manager & Head of Security.
The jobholder will work in a high pressure environment with demanding deadlines and will require the ability to deal with pressure, adapt priorities and respond rapidly.
Whilst not having line responsibility for 24/7 operations, the job holder will recognise the need to ensure that security standards and awareness are maintained to the highest level at all times.
The role will involve work in highly sensitive and critical environment and will require considerable discretion and the highest levels of integrity.
The job holder will work mostly in an office environment but will need to move around the airport in order to execute and implement security measures, audits, etc.
The job holder will have degree level or equivalent professional qualification; or 4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience of operating at management level within a compliance culture may be considered in lieu of formal academic qualification.
At least 4 years of relevant experience relating to the development and management of security systems and processes within a complex operational environment. Operations management experience within an airport environment that includes in depth exposure to security standards and requirements
Sound working knowledge of international and aviation security standards and best practice
Fluent in English and Arabic, an advantage, both reading and writing
Specific application knowledge / systems knowledge
Health and safety
Financial concepts and applications
Knowledge of other functions/ groups within an organization
- Job Location:
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Employment Type:
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Job Ref.:
- Career Level:
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 5 Max: 10
- Residence Location:
- United Arab Emirates
- United Arab Emirates
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma