Subsidiary: Al Jaber Energy Services
Job Title: Senior HSE Engineer
Job Ref: AJES-SHSER-001
Job Type: Permanent
# of Positions: 5
Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Compensation: Competitive Salary, Housing, Transportation, Private Medical, And 30 Days Paid Vacation etc. etc.
The Project & Contract Details
Abu Dhabi Gas Industries Ltd (Gasco) has awarded Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Commissioning (EPC) works contracts at the Habshan Sulphur Station and Pipelines, and Ruwais Sulphur Handling Terminal-2 to a consortium of two parties, one of which is Al Jaber Energy Services (AJES), Abu Dhabi. AJES was awarded a Dh2.25 billion contract with a completion period of 36 months
The project contracts are on lump sum turnkey basis for the Shah and Habshan Rail (SHR) Granulated Sulphur Transportation and Management Project. The project will transport granulated sulphur from the Shah and Habshan Stations to export terminals at Ruwais via rail and will replace the current transportation of liquid sulphur via tankers to Ruwais.
Liquid sulphur produced at the Shah and Habshan Processing Plants will be transported in pipelines to the Shah and Habshan Granule Plants to be granulated and loaded on railcars. The granulated sulphur will then be transported on the Union Railway system to the Sulphur Terminal in Ruwais where it will be unloaded and exported by ship to international markets
…..Hence we are now urgently and pro-actively hiring and seeking 5 Senior HSE Engineer
Reports to: Site HSE Manager
Section: Site HSE
Direct Reports: HSE Engineers, Safety Officers.
Internal Working Relations: All project site construction, pre-commissioning and commissioning disciplines
External Working Relations: Client/Subcontractor HSE & Operations staff
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
• Interface with area superintendents on a daily basis to understand what field activities are to be performed in order to provide site safety cover.
• Delegate responsibilities to HSE Engineers and Safety Officers to provide an effective safety monitoring and supervisor support program.
• Supervise HSE Engineers in the production of risk assessments, job safety analysis and toolbox talks.
• Supervise the permit to work coordinator, HSE Engineer (training) and security supervisor in the performance of their daily activities.
• Implement the site hazard identification programs (including Subcontractors).
• Lead the site safety toolbox talk program by identifying proactive and reactive site issues for communication to the workforce.
• Implement the site non-conformance, corrective action, and preventive action management processes and report to the Site HSE Manager.
• Investigate unsafe acts and conditions and provide solutions to prevent recurrences.
• Lead the HSE team in an immediate response to incidents and emergency situations that occur on site.
• Ensure safety posters, hazard flashes, site safety campaign promotional material and the results of safety incentive schemes are prominently placed on site
• Provide a daily summary report of field HSE issues and activities including; HSE documentation; risk assessments, JSAs, toolbox talks produced, etc, for the Site HSE Manager.
• A well managed site HSE team that provides full field cover.
• An effective legally compliant and client approved HSE management program that supports the construction execution plan.
• Safe systems of work that produces tangible site safety awareness and avoid incidents.
• Promotion of a pro-active safety culture; based on continuous improvement that will enhance company reputation and produce customer satisfaction.
• Conversant with UAE & International Safety Standards
• Computer literate conversant with MS Office; Word, Excel, and Power-Point.
• Strong leadership, communication and presentation skills
• Knowledge of ISO 18001, 14001
• 8 years in HSE.
• 2 years at management level.
• 4 years in the construction industry.
• Preferably 3 years in the Oil & Gas sectors.
• Graduate level with supporting internationally recognized technical HSE qualification.
• Fluent in written English, grammar, spelling and oration.
This is the opportunity for you to make the most of your experience and move to a company that will offer you an amazing future should you choose to take it.
HOW TO APPLY
If you have the above experience and are interested in joining a growing and professional team please apply by sending a current and updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the following “Job Ref: AJES-SHSER-001” in the subject line to ensure a quick and efficient review of your expertise and qualifications for this position.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive,
ONLY successful applicants will be contacted.
• Graduate level with supporting internationally recognized technical HSE qualification
- Job Location:
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Employment Type:
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Job Ref.:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 7
- Residence Location:
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma