• SW maintenance activities: installation & test of technical/change notes /change deliveries.
• SW upgrades and technical audits on site.
• On-site support at customer’s premises participating network operation service, when applicable.
• Plan and run a subproject (like SW upgrade, SW change planning, Tailored technical support)
• Installation and/or commissioning and/or integration activities.
• Network expansion activities.
• Technical/customer acceptance testing.
• Implement parametering in the network elements’ subsystems (understands KPI and the impact on the performance of the system).
• Participate multivendor and 3rd party activities (installation, integration, interface troubleshooting)
-Carry SW update/upgrades according to the Manufacturer technical support instructions/guidelines and officially released procedures.
- Handle technical cases and request high level technical support from the manufacturer via the manufacturer ticketing tools to ask the support of the manufacturer technical support teams.
- Self-study manufacturer manuals and technical documents to keep updated about the existing product roadmaps and SW maintenance updates/alerts. This can be done via the agreed setup with the manufacturer (e.g. web-access like through NOLS/ASWS).
- Act as technical interface point between the manufacturer technical support teams and the customer
- SC: Service Core or
- SA: Service Applications or
- BBA: Broad Band Access or
- IPT: IP/Transport or
- OBS: Operations & Business Software
Advanced-level knowledge of the Microwave Radio and Optical Transmission Networks
- Hands-on experience with SRAL XD, SRA4, FlexiHybrid, SRT1F, Flexi Packet Radio, hiT7070, hiT7030/35 and their NMS platforms: TNMS-Core and Netviewer
- Practical knowledge of PDH, SDH, Synchronization, MWR in general and Trunk Radio, DCN, Ethernet/VLAN’s, QoS and IP
- Practical experience of using various Microwave and Optical Transmission test equipment/analyzers plus Ethernet analyzers (e.g. PDH, SDH and Ethernet/IP digital analyzers, Optical Power Meter and Attenuator, Microwave Spectrum analyzers and power meters/attenuators/couplers, frequency meters,….etc)
- Customer Project Management and technical management skills
- Excellent ability to work in team as well as independently
- Quality oriented mindset
- Stress tolerance, analytical and conceptual thinking, information sharing, reliability,
attention to details
- Understanding and experience in Care Services and customer interface
Must be fluent in English and Must have strong knowledge of Nokia and Siemens equipments
Telcom Engineering/ Computer and communication Engineering
- Job Location:
- Sanaa, Yemen
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Job Ref.:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
- India; Pakistan; Yemen