2- Implementation of Continuous Improvement Initiatives including:
- New Quality Management System.
- Disease Management Program.
- Patient Safety Walk rounds Program, this involves, among other things, analyzing and reporting on clinical practices, processes, error reporting and the environment from the perspective of patient safety.
- Clinical indicators (working towards Data Warehouse/Balanced Scorecard).
- Sentinel Events and Root Cause analysis as per Sentinel Events Guidelines.
- Training for Quality Improvement Initiatives and FOCUS PDCA (System Improvement Methodology) Projects with a view to the next stages; FMEA and 6 Sigma.
- Reviewing and investigating of Mortality & Morbidity rates with reference to PCI's.
- Facilitating the implementation, analyzing, reporting and reviewing the effectiveness of the various initiatives and recommending and implementing further improvements (Continuous Improvement Cycle).
3- Responsible for recommendations regarding annual review/revision within all KAMC-CR quality management programs/activities, databases, indicators etc.
4- Perform retrospective or concurrent reviews on assigned areas utilizing the KAMC-CR approved Indicators Monitoring System (lMS) databases, indicators or criteria.
5- Participate in Site Visits to the various KAMC-CR Facilities to work with staff on quality management programs and/or activities. Responsible for completion of a full and detailed Site Visit Report within three (3) working days of return from all visits.
- Assist in training staff from various KAMC-CR Facilities in areas of Quality Management, SANG Health Affairs Quality Management Programs, records requirements, techniques of continuous quality management and other related areas as assigned.
- Conduct Quality Management Workshops as appropriate and as directed by the Director of the Department.
- Conduct Orientation for QM system Training for all new KAMC-CR Staff.
7- Participate in area wide mini focus studies, to be undertaken in conjunction with the department and other Directorates.
8- As assigned by the Director, coordinate Quality Management Activities with other SANG Health Affairs Directorates to maximize staff expertise in the area of Quality Management.
9- Facilitate the preparation of monthly and quarterly reports regarding the KAMC-CR Quality Management Program and compliance with same for all assigned facilities.
10- Responsible for recommendations regarding annual review/revision within all KAMC-CR quality management programs/activities, databases, indicators etc.
11- Provide day to day operational support to King Abdulaziz Medical City as assigned in terms of; concurrent reviews, utilization reviews, retrospective monitoring, committee and Quality Management Team assignments, referral of identified issues or concerns to appropriate department(s) or areas etc.
12- Responsible for reviewing OVA (Clinical Incident Reporting System) into the database, referring PCI's (action) reporting of trends, analyzing of reports, and identifying any Sentinel Event.
13- Facilitating, maintaining the database, coordinating, analyzing and reporting on the Medication Safety program.
14- Developing, maintaining, analyzing and reporting with regard to Patient Medical Record Audits.
15- Facilitating the formation, analyzing and reporting of Clinical Pathways.
Current knowledge of Quality Management tools and techniques. Knowledge of lCIA standards.
Experience working in a personal computer environment.
CPHQ or relevant Quality Management Certification.
Effective interpersonal communications and teaching skills.
Bachelor Degree in Health Care profession (i.e. Nursing, Pharmacy, Hospital Administration, related.
- Job Location:
- Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry:
- Healthcare, other
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Quality Control
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 2 Max: 10
- Residence Location:
- Riyadh,Saudi Arabia
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma
About This Company
National Guard Health Affairs is a large health organization providing modern medical care to National Guard employees and their dependents, as well as to Saudi Nationals with tertiary health problems. There are four hospitals and sixty primary and secondary health centers around the kingdom. Two of these hospitals are King Abdulaziz Medical City (KAMC) in Riyadh and King Abdulaziz Medical City in Jeddah. KAMC in Riyadh developed new facilities comprising the College of Medicine, College of Nursing and Allied Medical Services, College of Medical Sciences, Medical Education, Health Informatics, Postgraduate Education & Academic Affairs, Training & Development, and Medical & Health Sciences Research Center. The other two hospitals in Eastern Region are Imam Abdulrahman Al-Faisal in Dammam, and King Abdulaziz Hospital in Al Ahsa.