Sales Engineer - Storage & Handling Solutions | FAMCO | Northern Emirates
FAMCO (Al-Futtaim Auto & Machinery Co.) is a market leading supplier of products & services to a diverse range of industries & commercial undertakings covering the transportation, construction, manufacturing, warehousing, oil & gas and marine sectors. FAMCO serves these industries with world-class brands like Volvo Trucks, Volvo Buses, Volvo Construction Equipment, Merlo, Ingersoll Rand, Linde, Dexion, Yanmar, Himoinsa, Stanley Proto, Fenner, Bruynzeel, Mobel Linea, Meco, Bott, Stertil, Hart & Nassau.
FAMCO has operations in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Ras Al Khaimah and in December 2011, FAMCO acquired the Volvo Construction Equipment distributor for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (Al Rehab) and now operates with 5 branches across the Kingdom." The company's development and success has been based on an in-depth understanding of customer needs and the dedication of its skilled staff.
FAMCO is committed to providing outstanding second-to-none service levels to customers and to maintaining quality, safety and environmental standards at the highest possible levels. FAMCO is an ISO 9001:
2008 & ISO 14001:
2004 certified company.
About the Job:
We are looking to recruit a Sales Engineer - Storage & Handling Solutions to work in our offices in Northern Emirates.
Principal Accountabilities (Essential Functions):
- Ensures sales through tracking of current customer base requirements for repeat sales potential.
- Explores and converts new business opportunities into sales.
- Initiative to discover new segments.
- Ability to track new projects
- Ensures that accurate information on competitors is presented to the Manager thereby supporting the development of strategies that are aid at increasing market share.
- Ensures that customers' needs are understood and fulfills customer needs with highest quality standards for total satisfaction.
- Direct sales in the assigned territory and ensuring adequate market coverage.
- Reports on lost business and market shares
- Provides support to the Area Sales Manager for the preparation of annual budget and business proposals, which highlight major activities planned for achieving and exceeding set targets.
- Identifies potential customers, understands their business requirements and presents the company's products and services in a manner that convinces the customer to place orders.
- Gathers market information on competitor activities to ensure the Divisions competitive edge in product, pricing, services and systems.
- Explores and converts new business opportunities through effective customer identification, surveys, competitor analysis, market information and tender analysis in order to exceed annual business targets.
- Understands customer requirements and delivers products and services of the highest quality thereby setting industry standards, ensuring customer delight and developing a loyal customer base.
- Assesses creditworthiness of the customer, promotes secured payment terms and ensures timely collection of money thereby minimizing the company's risk of bad debts.
- Regularly interacts with the customer to inquire on product performance and offers timely assistance in the resolution of all queries thereby maintaining a healthy and profitable relationship between the company and the customer.
- Recommends the need of on site product demonstrations and any special campaigns
The selected candidate will have the following skills and qualifications and;
You will hold either a diploma or degree in Business, Marketing or Mechanical Engineering.
You must have sold in the Storage & Handling Solutions market place.
You will have at least 3-5 years experience in a similar role.
- A customer focused individual with sound territory management an indepth product knowledge with a very high level of communication skills.
- Job Location:
- United Arab Emirates
- Company Industry:
- Automotive; Mechanical
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
About This Company
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim is one of the most progressive regional business houses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into six divisions; automotive, retail, electronics, engineering and technology, real estate, financial services and general services, Al-Futtaim operates through more than 60 companies and maintains a decentralised approach, giving individual businesses flexibility and versatility to maintain a competitive stance. Employing in excess of 20,000 people across the UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Egypt, Syria, Pakistan, Singapore and Europe, this approach benefits employees, providing a clearly defined work culture where individuals are empowered with authority and responsibility for their work. The success of Al-Futtaim is attributed to proactively managing change whilst upholding the values of integrity, service and social responsibility. The majority of businesses, built on a portfolio of world leading brands, dominate their sector.