1. To pick-up shop key from Head Office every morning and return key at the end of each working day (where applicable).
2. To clean entire shop, along with colleagues, including floor, counters, doors, windows, garbage disposal and all equipment.
3. To clean, polish and re-arrange all product display material in use or not in use and report to Supervisor excessive display material lying unutilized.
4. To check for accuracy and proper functioning, weighing scales, calculators, Diamond Tester and all other equipments.
5. To greet all persons entering the shop, assess and understand customer requirements & aspirations and invite them to the specific counter; ensure no customer is unattended.
6. Provide all required product and price information to the customer and effectively close the sale; request Supervisor to take over in event of any difficulty.
7. Prepare invoices thoroughly without any corrections or over-writing for all sales made.
8. Ensure proper amounts of payments are received from the customer and proper change/balance amounts are returned; ensure proper procedures are followed in case of Credit Card sales.
9. In case of non-availability of a product, understand the exact product requirement of the customer, record it in the Promise Book/Order Book and communicate the same to the Shop Manager; follow-up on the same.
10. Receive repair orders from customer, understand exact requirements, prepare repair bags and ensure all repair bags are kept in the proper designated place; ensure all repair orders are entered in the relevant register and send to the Workshop
11. Follow-up on the repair orders for timely delivery; Inspect and ensure all repairs have been carried out in accordance with the customer's requirements before informing the customer.
12. To inform and follow-up with customers of booked and repaired products and report action to Shop-Incharge.
13. Prepare and submit the Daily Sales Report to the Shop-Incharge.
14. Ensure prominent display of all advertising and POS material in shop.
15. Ensure adequate availability of Customer Complaint / Suggestions blank forms in Arabic/English; inform the customers of availability of the forms.
16. Participate in all stock-taking exercises.
• 2 yrs relevant experience
• Pleasing personality and positive attitude.
• Knowledge of Arabic/ other foreign languages preferable
Salary is 300 OMR
- Job Location:
- Company Industry:
- Retail/Wholesale; Sales; Customer Service
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 2
- Residence Location:
- High school or equivalent
About This Company
Damas International Limited (Damas) is the Middle East’s leading jewellery and watch retailer. Headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, Damas trades in gold and gold jewellery, diamond jewellery, pearls, watches, silver, and precious stones on a retail and wholesale basis. The journey of the Damas Group began in 1907 in Syria. In the late 1970s, the Damas brand was established in the United Arab Emirates, and by the end of 1985 the Damas Group had expanded into several retail stores. By 2000, the Group had established retail operations in Qatar, Bahrain, Oman and Jordan. In 2002, the Group expanded its operations to Kuwait and Saudi Arabia, and by 2004, the Group was operating in Egypt, Italy and India. Global Strength: As of November 2012, Damas operates around 300 stores in 12 countries, dispersed principally throughout the Middle East. The Group’s network of retail outlets includes subsidiaries (predominantly), plus jointly controlled entities and associates. Retail Divisions: Leveraging its expansive network of outlets, Damas sells its own branded products, as well as other selected regional and global luxury brands. Damas sells jewellery and watches through four main store formats, which are uniquely positioned to address different consumer segment needs. Specifically, the Les Exclusives Stores offer high-end luxury products; Semi-Exclusives Stores offer stylish and sophisticated products for the discerning consumer; and the Damas 22K and 18K Stores offer trendy, fashionable and stylish products and brands at competitive prices. In addition to the four principal store formats, Damas also operates other outlets such as exclusive watch stores and Mono-brand boutiques.