• The Executive Chef will be accountable for all operation aspects which are lead to run a successful kitchen.
• Develops realistic action plans aimed to introduce and/or improve product, procedures and work methods in accordance to the short/medium/long-term goals which will be determined by the F&B Operation and the Company’s Management.
• Directly supervises the cooking of items that require skillful preparation.
• Develops all F&B menus to comply with the most updated international standards.
• Develops standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which help to assure
consistently high quality and to minimize food costs; exercises portion control for all items served and assists in
establishing menu selling prices.
• Designs menu prices lists in order to achieve maximum sales and budgeted cost percentages.
• Maintains high standards of culinary skills in regards to preparation and presentation and closely monitor portion conformity and ingredients specifications.
• Formulates clear statements of objectives for the entire kitchen operation and key personnel and ensure their timely implementation.
• Determine product requirements based on business needs and adjust whenever necessary.
• Ensure that the kitchen is equipped with enough food materials at all times.
• Advise the Purchasing department on the requirements of all food products in terms of quantity and quality.
2. Safety and hygiene standards responsibilities:
• The Executive Chef has to ensure in a regular basis that all Kitchens, Fridges, Stewarding and relevant back areas are consistently complying with the international hygiene and sanitation standards.
• Strictly abides by the instructions and laws of the country in connection to food handling, hygiene, sanitation and storage.
• Ensure that all kitchen equipments are safe and functional.
• Prepares daily perishable mark list. Inspects perishable goods upon delivery.
3. Participating in the general planning of sales, cost analysis, advisory services and maximizing the margin profit:
• The Executive Chef will be responsible for providing advisory services which might be requested through the Company’s Consulting Department for outsourcing food advisory services.
• Plans of annual F&B promotions for all public holidays and other occasions, and submit them to the Culinary Creative Development & Production Director for discussion.
• Participating in the processes of F&B budget, Cost control, Manning guide.
• Conducts monthly market surveys with the Purchasing department and the Cost Analyst. In general, the Executive Chef should have good knowledge of both local and international products prices.
4. Leading and developing kitchen team:
• Provides field training to all Kitchen employees to make sure that they are complying with the most updated international food standards.
• Supervises and coach the Sous Chefs and Chefs De Parties so that they exercise their authority over their subordinates.
• Conducts daily briefings, monthly meetings of the department’s supervisors and administrative associates. Other department Managers are to be invited and encouraged to attend.
• Prepares work schedule based on the forecast of weekly function sheets.
• Monitors systematically the performance of all Kitchen employees and intervenes immediately with coaching and corrective actions.
• Ensures that all employees are following their professional trainings and keeps the training records.
- At least 7 years of experience in similar position at five stars hotel.
- Degree in hotel management.
- HACCAP certified.
- New concept opening experience.
- Training and development skills.
- Excellent communications skills in English.
- Leadership and interpersonal communication skills.
- Job Location:
- Al Kuwait, Kuwait
- Company Industry:
- Catering/Food Services/Restaurants
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 7 Max: 20
- Residence Location: