To deal with commercial contracts management to ensure deliver of Qatar Rail projects in line with overall strategic plans with maximized cost & time advantage and reduced risks.
The job holder is accountable for managing commercial aspects of contracts at minimized risks and costs aligned with overall Qatar Rail strategic plans using industry knowledge & business acumen to meet commercial objectives
1. Identifies and advises on all commercial risks/ claims.
2. Uses and translates market intelligence and awareness into specific actions that are needed for Qatar Rail to ensure the right project delivery.
3. Liaises with the Program Director to review, assess and evaluate the contractors delivery in accordance with the project’s processes, contractual terms and conditions and commensurate with contractual entitlement.
4. Manages the PMC contract related to the package, oversees the PMC in the contract management function for the D&B contract; provides advice to PMC and PD, and controls that the contracts are managed commercially as per the rules and procedures, in order to safeguard the interest of Qatar Rail and the project.
5. Monitors, manages and reports all commercial aspects of allocated projects, flagging issues and proposing mitigation actions at the earliest opportunity.
6. Undertakes the evaluation of tender documents and negotiation of contracts. Provide feedback into the process so that all contracts let meet the client requirements.
7. Provides effective contract management by overseeing the work of Qatar Rail contractors/ subcontractors to ensure that optimum standards are achieved and value for money are ensured across a range of projects.
8. Deals with claims and variations to his level of delegated authority.
9. Leads and Manages cost reporting of all allocated projects including cost forecasting, anticipated final cost, cost of work done, gross billing and current contract value. Explain all variances to the out-turn, AFC, COWD to all applicable leads.
10. Provides support when required in the negotiation of all prices under existing contracts/framework agreements.
11. Is responsible for the production of applications for payment/invoices to contractors/ Subcontractors in accordance with relevant funding agreements, including supporting documentation as appropriate.
12. Advises the project delivery team on contracts changes in a timely manner and recommending appropriate action to mitigate commercial risk.
- 12+ years of experience in managing commercial aspects of big projects, preferably in railway projects.
- Experience of managing and developing complex contracts and relationship management with vendors.
- Degree graduate ideally in engineering or similar.
- Professional Qualification such as CICES, RICS etc.
• Strong communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to persuade a variety of individuals from customers to employees to executives in other businesses.
• Risk Management.
• Project Management.
• Attention to detail and ability to cope with crisis and difficult situations.
• Employee management.
• Excellent organization skills.
• Committed to developing culture of openness and partnership.
• Effective time management, priority setting and planning skills.
• Highly numerate with highly developed analytical skills using qualitative and quantitative data
• Strong commercial and business acumen
• Leadership skills
• Effective interpersonal, motivational and influencing skills
• Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings
• Ability to respond appropriately in unplanned and unforeseen circumstances.
This job is posted in the following Specialties:Analysis Highly Adaptable
Engineering or Similar
- Job Location:
- Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 10
- Residence Location:
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma
About This Company
Qatar Rail was established as a direct result of the vision of His Highness The Emir, Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani. It is one of a number of transformational projects that aim to continue the progression of Qatar into an advanced country capable of sustaining its development and providing a high standard of living for its entire people by 2030. The implementation of this great vision has begun and the national development plan is on track to fulfill the nation’s dream.
Qatar Rail will be the owner and manager of Qatar’s rail network and will be responsible for the design, construction, commissioning, operation and maintenance of the entire rail network and systems.
The Qatar Rail Programs are a major national endeavor for the State of Qatar, and we at Qatar Rail are in partnership with international and local companies to bring the visionary programs to life.
The planned integrated national rail network will unify all rails in Qatar and will connect Qatar’s Rail network to neighboring countries to create the region’s first fully integrated rail system. By combining traditional elements with state-of-the art modern features, these programs will create the region’s most comfortable, reliable, and safe railway system.
We aim to develop a sustainable system which will realize our national dream and create a new business sector for Qatar.