Monitor that the company takes complete account of all Technical / Process Safety impacts, while conducting its business activities for operations
Stimulate continual HSE improvements through expert Technical / Process Safety know-how and knowledge of Global best practices.
Preparing / facilitating updates of the HSE Cases for Operations.
Selection and monitoring of barriers to manage technical process safety risks.
Developing and implementing Technical / Process Safety programs to meet regulatory and group requirements
Monitoring and evaluating technical safety performance across all assets.
Assessing facility change proposals for impact on technical / process safety. Identifying technical / process safety improvement opportunities and effectively presenting conclusions to bring about the suggested changes
This position requires broad knowledge and skills in the application of specialized safety techniques and tools including:
• Fire and Explosion modeling
• Dispersion modeling
• Risk Analysis Techniques (qualitative and quantitative)
• Risk Assessment Matrix
• Incident Investigation and Root Cause Analysis
• Hazards And Effects Management Process
• HAZID, HAZOP AND HAZAN
• Safety Systems Design
• Industry Codes, Standards and Recommended Practices (API, COMAH, SVESO etc) and their application in a petrochemical production facility.
• Bachelor of Engineering Degree (preferably Mechanical or Chemical)
• 10 years experience in a petro-chemical/gas processing environment with a demonstrated understanding in process safety.
• Experience conducting risk assessments, Hazops, hazard identification and root cause analysis. .
Other, job related requirements:
• Well developed communication skills, writing skills and computer literacy in the English language.
• Accomplished ability to facilitate. Able to work within a team environment.
Experience with electronic management systems such as SAP, intranet, etc.
- Job Location:
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 10
- Residence Location:
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma
About This Company
Oryx GTL is a newly formed Joint Venture between Qatar Petroleum and Sasol (South African Company). Oryx leads the start of a new global Gas-to-Liquids industry from Qatar.